Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I wish we would have had better growing

New Varieties Show Promise
     
"I wish we would have had better growing conditions for the plot because it was a real test to grow cotton last year," says Don. "We averaged 950 pounds per acre across the seven or eight varieties planted on our farm. They were 100 to 200 pounds better than everything else."

Perhaps the most candid assessment came from Texas producer Gary Grogan of Amarillo. He is confident that the new varieties will improve his yields and quality, but he also hopes he can keep up with the rapid pace of the technology being offered.

"There's no question that the varieties are helping us," says Grogan. "I'm just trying to keep up with the technology because it's coming at us pretty fast.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we have such good choices coming down the pike right now. I'm just trying to digest everything."

source : cottonfarming

No comments:

Post a Comment