Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I’ll be lucky to have a square

Compensating For Late Planting

• "I'll be lucky to have a square on my cotton by the fourth of July, much less a bloom."

• "All of these choices will help a little, but the fact is that without Boll Weevil Eradication, there would be no chance of making a crop."

• "I anxiously await my consultant's scouting report."


In our July Web Poll, we are switching gears from a production-related question to a regulatory one.

The National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting program has long been used by EPA under the Clean Water Act (CWA) to regulate point source discharges of water contaminants. Congress exempted ag storm water runoff from nonpoint sources from the CWA's permitting program, and EPA's 2007 rule similarly exempted properly made pesticide applications.

source : cottonfarming

No comments:

Post a Comment