Saturday, July 17, 2010

Besides the performance of new varieties

Mississippi Farmers Brooks Aycock and Chad Mohamed are going...

Back To Cotton

Tommy Horton

Besides the performance of new varieties, Aycock sees tangible financial advantages in cotton production this year.

"I produced 175-bushel corn last year, and I netted about $4.05 per bushel," he says. "That is equivalent to about 1.4 bales of cotton on a gross income basis. That's not good enough for me. I see a lot of potential for cotton this year – and that's why I'm expanding my acres. The supplemental income from direct and counter-cyclical payments will be coming from cotton and not corn."

After doing extensive studying and research, Aycock will plant PhytoGen 375, PhytoGen 565, FiberMax 1740, Stoneville 5288 and Stoneville 4288 on his acreage this year, and he's confident in how each will perform.

source : cottonfarming

No comments:

Post a Comment