Saturday, July 17, 2010

After all of the votes were tallied

In Reader Poll, Buy-Up Bypasses CAT
 
After all of the votes were tallied, 66 percent of the respondents say they jumped on the buy-up bandwagon, while 34 percent stuck with CAT coverage for the 2010 season. Following is a sampling of some of the comments we received on this topic:

• "If it had not been for crop insurance for the past three years, I would not be farming today. My replant in 2009 paid my premiums, and I still made an excellent crop, so I came out better than expected. The new Farm Bill is going to meddle in crop insurance and subsidies, so you may want to pay attention. Some help is better than none at all!"

• "I already had 'buy-up' coverage. If you have to borrow money to farm, most banks don't require it, but strongly encourage it. 2009 will not make me change my insurance coverage, but these people in Washington who think farmers are getting rich living on crop insurance revenue should see my bottom line. It doesn't even pay my bills when I do have a claim!"

source : cottonfarming

No comments:

Post a Comment